Wednesday 22 June 2011

Battle Report: Wood Elves Vs High Elves 2000 Points REMATCH

Hey guys, Azeebo here

So, i posted my 1st battle report earlier this week and now i post the rematch! Last game was close, this game proves to be EVEN closer! Once again, we lack terrain but we have an extra wood this game so it is increasing albeit a bit slowly! The High Elf list has more than 2000 points this game however we both wanted to see how powerful Teclis REALLY was...not a good idea in hindsight!

Army Lists

Wood Elves

Lords

Spell Weaver
Level Four Wizard + Lore of Life

Highborn
Scout Kindred
The Bow of Loren
Arcane Bodkins

Heroes

Branch Wraith
Cluster of Radiant's

Core

10 Glade Guard

10 Glade Guard

10 Glade Guard

10 Dryads


10 Dryads

Special

6 Treekin

Rare

Treeman

6 Way Watchers



High Elves

Lords

Teclis

Heroes

Noble
Great Eagle
Lance
Heavy Armour
Shield
Helm of Fortune
The Skeinsliver

Core

50 Spearmen
Full Command
Lion Standard

Special

20 Sword Masters
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery

20 Sword Masters
Full Command

10 Dragon Princes





Deployment
Once again we were playing Watchtower but with a few alternations. The tower starts in your deployment zone not in the center of the battlefield. Whoever holds the tower at the end of the game wins. Simple.
As you can see i deployed rather wide this game, i was expecting her to deploy her forces close to the tower for a defensive game but as you can see that was not the case. My treeman + Dryads + branch wraith are on the left flank, my glade guard take up center field and my 2nd unit of Dryads + my Treekin are on the right flank. My Way Watchers scouted the center forest.

Her deployment was decent. She placed her anvil/eagle noble and her dragon princes on the left flank allowing her to effectively hold and potentially destroy my Treeman and dryads. A unit of sword masters + Teclis occupied the tower and her big block of spear men and sword masters took up the right flank which was a good idea as that was my strongest flank and she placed her toughest units there.

Turn One
Wood Elves



Turn one went well for me. My left flank shifted to the center field to use the forest as a deterrent for the dragon princes whilst my glade guard and right flank moved forwards to get into a better position. I managed to cast Throne of Vines in my magic phase but that was all i managed to squeeze in. Shooting went very well, my glade guard killed 2 spearmen but my Highborn fired at the Noble on Great Eagle with his 4 armour ignoring shots and killed him out right! A major blow so early in the game.

High Elves
Her dragon princes moved to cover the center opening for my left flank to get through whilst her spear men moved forwards and her sword masters prepared a flank charge for future turns. Magic...well...magic was amazing. Teclis had the lore of heavens and cast chain lightning on my Treeman....it did a wound jumped to the dryads killed 5 jumped to the way watchers kill 5, jumped again to the glade guard killing 6, 5 then 1 before leaping to the Treekin and dealing no damage and stopping. She then used Thunderbolt and wounded my Treeman again. In 1 magic phase she eliminated half of my army...and i thought i had a good turn 1!

Turn Two
Wood Elves
After that devastating hit from Teclis i decide to play it risky. I could not afford to wait around and be sneaky, not when she had so much power at her disposal. I successfully double team her spear men with my treekin and dryads however my left flank attempt to charge her dragon princes to no avail. My highborn moves out the woods and my glade guard shimmy a bit. My shooting phase went well with my highborn killing 3 of the dragon princes and my weakened glade guard killing 5 sword masters camping in the tower. Not bad! Combat went extremely well, her spear men couldnt even dent my treekin or dryads and the resulting onslaught killed 15 of them in return. Despite steadfast they flee and my treekin catch them. My dryads over run into the sword masters which is something i didn't really want to happen.

High Elves
Her Dragon Princes charge my highborn but his bow downs 3 more of them before they reach him. Magic saw more drayds and more wounds on my treeman from chain lightning and a thunder bolt wiped out a unit of glade guard. Combat saw my lord die to the princes who then reform and my dryads on the right flank lose 5 of their number but manage to kill 7 resulting in a tie combat.

Turn Three
Wood Elves
A mixed bag of a turn. My dryads and treeman charge her dragon princes, my treekin reform to charge the tower and my glade guard move into better shooting positions. I cast flesh to stone on my treekin boosting them to toughness 9 and let fly a few arrows killing off a few of the tower defenders. My treeman and dryads crush all but 1 dragon prince who flees, i chase him towards the tower but don't catch him. As expected my dryads flee from static res this turn and the sword masters reform to rear charge my super tough treekin in the rear.

High Elves
Her sword masters rear charge my treekin and her dragon prince rallies...then magic is unleashed once again. She kills all but 1 of the dryads on the left flank and wounds my treeman again then she places 2 tokens down for comet of casandora where it could likely engulf both armies entirely...suicidal maniac! Luckily combat was in my favor as she failed to wound my treekin who killed 6 of them in return and reformed to face them to finish them off next turn.

Turn Four
Wood Elves
Wanting to finish the game before that comet lands i charge everything i had into watchtower...then of course the comet lands and explodes a monstrous 14" and wipes out just about everything i have. It deals some damage to her tower defenders but i suffer the most. On the plus side however my treekin kill her sword masters to a man and prepare to charge!

High Elves
In a last ditch effort she blasts my unit with chain lightning and thunder bolt to finish me off but to no avail. Knowing that i would charge next turn and win overall she throws in the towel and calls it a day.

VICTORY WOOD ELVES


A great game...i thought i was going to get hammered after the impact she had turn 1 but with a bit of good luck i managed to pull through in the end...phew.

Leave comments etc.

Azeebo

No comments:

Post a Comment